The materials on this website are intended for informational purposes only and are not intended to be, nor should they be, interpreted as legal advice or opinion. The reader should not consider this information to be an invitation to an attorney-client relationship, should not rely on the information presented here for any purpose, and should always seek the legal advice of counsel.
Transmission and receipt of the information on this site or communication with the Firm via e-mail is not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between the Firm and any person or entity.
Transmission of Information
Electronic mail or other communications through this site or otherwise to the Firm or any of its lawyers in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you may not be treated as privileged or confidential.
If you choose to contact us through this website, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically may not be secure.
The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments. This content is designed only to give general information on the developments discussed and is not intended to be a comprehensive summary of recent developments in the law, to exhaustively discuss the subjects covered, to provide legal advice, or to render a legal opinion. Since the law is constantly changing and since the law will vary based on different facts and circumstances, statements on this website regarding the status of a given law or legal issue may not be current or applicable to your particular situation. You should not take any action based on the information on this website.
Although this website may be viewed from any of the 50 United States of America and territories, as well as any country, the Firm primarily practices in the states of New York and New Jersey.
This website occasionally contains links to other web pages; however, the inclusion of such links does not constitute referrals or endorsements of the linked entities. Links to organizations and governmental agencies are provided as a convenience to our readers. The Firm does not endorse and is not responsible for any third-party content that may be accessed from its website and does not recommend or endorse the use of any third-party’s services. The links are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and the authors of this website make no representations or warranties about the content of these links.
The Firm assumes no responsibility for computer viruses resulting from the use of our website. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the Firm be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this website, even if the Firm has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Firm and its members, managers, officers, employees, agents, and the assigns of same, from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), claims, damages, and liabilities related to or associated with your use of the website and any violation of these terms and conditions by you.
By accessing this website, you agree that any disputes or matters arising out of or related to your viewing or use of this website shall be governed under the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Honors and Awards
Our attorneys have been recognized by various organizations for their knowledge and work. Any reference on this website to “Rising Stars” or any other honor, award, or recognition that includes superlatives such as “super,” “best,” “superior,” “leading,” or “top-rated,” is not intended to suggest that a selected attorney is superior to others or has that attribute, but rather only that the lawyer was included in a list with that name. No aspect of these awards have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website;
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website;
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Firm or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, or be accessible from, our website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as, by way of example, name, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information“);
- That is about you, but individually does not identify you; or
- bout your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
- We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through our website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website; or
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us through the website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website; or
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Firm, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- · In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Firm, our clients, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
The Firm may change these policies at any time without written notice. The changes will become effective upon posting of the changes to the website.